Dear Friends of the Music Hall,
This year we were thrilled to welcome back live audiences to all our programs for the first time since 2019. It was a year full of music and many accomplishments!
• Installed a state-of-the-art organ humidification system
• Installed warm toned, energy efficient LED light bulbs throughout the Hall
• Removed decades of dust from the organ case and the Hall’s wall ledges, improving the organ’s appearance and the Hall’s acoustics.
• Presented a Summer Series of 15 organ concerts featuring 20 eminent and emerging organists
• Continued to live stream and record the Summer Series for viewing by subscribers
• Introduced new Summer Series subscription packages for both online and live audiences
• Expanded online sales and at-the-door credit card payments for tickets to all events
• Awarded $1,000 Music Scholarships to 2 local high school graduates
• Presented 4 performances of Gilbert & Sullivan’s HMS Pinafore by the Methuen Young People’s Theatre • Presented, in cooperation with Nevins Memorial Library, the children’s story Peter and the Wolf narrated
in English and Spanish with organ accompaniment
• Presented a new Fall Variety Series with concerts ranging from Organ to Classical Piano, to Voice, to Swing, to Broadway, to Folk, to Christmas
None of these accomplishments would have been possible without supporters like you who understand the power of music and what it means to be stewards of such a historic treasure. Through the generosity of our donors and sponsors, and the commitment of our all-volunteer Board of Trustees, we were able to provide world-class music to the Methuen community and beyond! We are grateful to all our supporters and are proud of the cultural impact we are making in providing great musical experiences and educational opportunities for the next generation. Our projects for 2023 include:
• Repointing exterior brickwork on selected areas of the Hall and Barn
• Rebuilding our 1954 Steinway Model D Concert Grand Piano
• Upgrading the Great Organ’s electronic controls and wiring
• Hiring a paid Executive Director to help grow our programs, publicity, and patronage. This will be a huge step for us and an important investment in our future!
Your donation will help us to implement these important projects despite our rising utility costs. We hope that you will continue to generously support us in our mission – “To preserve and share the history, grandeur, and experience of The Great Organ and the Hall through musical performances and community outreach” – and contribute using the enclosed donation form and envelope, or by securely donating online at www.mmmh.org. Together we can continue to bring great music to Methuen and the World. Thank you for your support!
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Sincerely,
Matthew M. Bellocchio